Ipod And Itunes

My computer crashed a wee while ago which meant i lost a lot of files, including the whole itunes library. I've had to reinstall itunes but what i want to know is:

Can i transfer what's on my ipod to this new version of itunes? It's over 1000 songs and don't want to have ti import them one by one again!!

Any help would be appreciated.

You can copy the songs currently on to your Ipod to your computer by opening up My Computer and clicking on your Ipod (it should appear as another hard drive). You may have to select "show files" and you'll see a load of folders with random names and in them is your music all mixed up. Just copy them over to your computer then open Itunes and select File/Import from folder (or something like that, don't have it on this computer), just click on the folders - you can only do one at a time - and they'll populate your songs library. Any songs you've downloaded you'll have to double click on and enter your password to unlock them.

With 1000 songs there will probably be about 80-100 folders all with varying amounts of songs in them, but it's worth spending an hour this way instead of starting from scratch.

You can use this technique to share songs between mates too.

Guest SaintGareth

You should be able to do it just by going into itunes then file --> add file to library. Then just select the mp3 file and itunes will perform the conversion for you.

You can copy the songs currently on to your Ipod to your computer by opening up My Computer and clicking on your Ipod (it should appear as another hard drive).  You may have to select "show files" and you'll see a load of folders with random names and in them is your music all mixed up.  Just copy them over to your computer then open Itunes and select File/Import from folder (or something like that, don't have it on this computer), just click on the folders - you can only do one at a time - and they'll populate your songs library.  Any songs you've downloaded you'll have to double click on and enter your password to unlock them.

With 1000 songs there will probably be about 80-100 folders all with varying amounts of songs in them, but it's worth spending an hour this way instead of starting from scratch.

You can use this technique to share songs between mates too.

659461[/snapback]

Cheers mate :) I'll give it try tonight!!

Archived